SharePoint Taxonomy - Predefined Taxonomy Content for the Managed Metadata Service
The Managed Metadata Service is a foundational feature of SharePoint, allowing companies to define a common taxonomy which can be used to tag, filter, and search content throughout SharePoint. Taxonomy is a critical component of information governance and the Managed Metadata Service is key to taxonomy in SharePoint. First introduced in SharePoint 2010, the Managed Metadata Service includes the SharePoint Term Store, which is the interface in SharePoint where taxonomies can be managed. The Term Store is still a major feature of SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016, and SharePoint Online. Unfortunately, the Term Store starts out empty and most companies don't have a taxonomy.
It's not easy to build a taxonomy from scratch! This is where WAND comes in.
The WAND Taxonomy Library Portal for SharePoint provides access to pre-defined foundation taxonomies covering every industry vertical segment and business functional area to jump-start at taxonomy project.
- Accelerate the development of a corporate SharePoint Taxonomy
- Taxonomies are downloaded in SharePoint Term Store import format for seamless integration
- Your employees are experts about their job, not building taxonomies. Pre-defined taxonomies allow your business users to edit a taxonomy already created by experts instead of needing to build something from scratch.
- Access to over 100,000 professionally built taxonomy concepts
- Enable taxonomy based filtering in SharePoint document libraries and lists
- Provide taxonomy based left hand search refiners to enable users to narrow down search result sets
- Take advantage of the Content Search and Content Query web parts to display content dynamically on SharePoint pages
How to Get Started: